Tuesday

Mini Candied Apples

For our Family Home Evening activity and treat last night we made mini candied apples. Brody loves to cook in the kitchen and I found this great idea on a blog, so I thought we would try it. Here Brody is getting some fuel to energize him even more...yippee!
Here are the apples getting ready to be dipped.
Brody dipping the apples and eating them at the same time. He made such a big mess. But that is half the fun and what boys are supposed to do!
Josh was helping Brody dip the last of the apples in chocolate and Butterfingers.
The finished product! It was a fun family home evening activity. For the lesson, I didn't think about this till now but you could tie it in somehow. We are trying to teach Brody his numbers so we had a gospel lesson on the number one. Although, I don't think we had much success last night. When you ask him to say one, he says nine. Ask him how old he is and he says nine. I guess his favorite number is NINE!

Oh, here are the directions if you want to make them yourself.
Ingredients:
Green granny smith apples (one apples makes about ten mini apples)
Chocolate for dipping (we dipped the apples in butterscotch chocolate chips, white and milk chocolate)
Toppings (we crushed up Butterfingers, Reese's peanut butter cups, and sprinkles)
Styrofoam (to put them on after you dip the apples so they can be refrigerated to harden)
Lollipop sticks cut in half at an angle so their is a pointy end- this will go in the green part of the apple (you can find the sticks at Michael's craft)
Melon baller

Directions:
Gather all ingredients
Using the melon baller, scoop out pieces of the apples and place them on the sticks
Pat the apples dry so the chocolate will stick better
Melt the chocolate according to package instructions
dip apples in chocolate and topping
Place in Styrofoam
Refrigerate to harden (optional)
Enjoy!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Cami,

What a great FHE idea! The pictures of Brody are sooo cute! Man, those apples look good. I think Adam and I will do this for our own FHE activity. I hope all is going well with Miss Brooklyn. She really is the cutest thing! Love you guys!!

Jenni said...

i totaly made these with Tre just this weekend:) hope you guys had as much fun as we did! looka t you..already back in action! go Camree!!all our love!!

Tiffany said...

Yum yum those look so good it is making me hungry and it is too late at night to eat! When you get some time post more pics of brooklyn we wish we could see her in real life.

Hill Family said...

Cami
I saw your comment on Jenni's blog and had to check things out! Hooray I'm so glad you got into the school of your choice the 1st time! Yeah for you! We are doing great. I had my 2nd one (Anderson) during Brandon's finals his first year at UIC. It's an adjustment but you sound like you're doing great. Cut family pics and sweet little girl (I'm jealous one of each)

Marta