Friday

My Pumpkin Soup Disaster

So I also tried a new recipe last night. It was a gourmet Pumpkin Apple Soup. In the process of preparing it I cut my finger on the pumpkin can. Never fun! It was a long recipe with a lot of ingredients that I never buy. Mistake number 1--when you know it is going to be bad! Anyways I started making it at about 2pm because it needed to simmer for 3 hours. At 4pm it just smelled gross so I quickly through some chicken in the crock pot (just in case). Well in finishing the recipe it requires you to blend it together in the blender. I did just that and while blending the soup was too hot and popped the lid off the blender making it splatter everywhere and I burnt my hand as well. I am not going to even take the time to type the recipe because it was gross and I threw it down the drain immediately. So to redeem myself I am asking for a good pumpkin soup recipe, so Josh thinks that I CAN still cook.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

good for you for being adventurous with your cooking. I don't do that enough these days... I have picky eaters. By the way in case you aren't sure who is this is leaving you comments it is Kris Rafn. :)

Breanne said...

Awww...sorry to hear about your hand. I did that one time blending some soup too, not fun. I'll let you know if I come across a good pumpkin soup recipe.

John and Victoria said...

I've got a pumpkin soup recipe that I really like on my blog... I always do it from memory and just add more or less broth and spices as needed, so the recipe isn't exact, but I really like it and it's really easy. Sorry to hear about your fiasco, sounds frustrating! I hate when I put so much effort into dinner and then it turns out rotten!

AmyE said...

Creamy Pumpkin Soup

½ stick of butter
1 small onion chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 tsp brown sugar
1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth
½ C water
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 can (15 oz) pure pumpkin
1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
1/8 tsp cinnamon
Melt butter, add onion and garlic and sugar. Cook 1-2 min. Add broth, water, salt, and pepper. Boil. Reduce heat to low; cook for 15 minutes. Stir in pumpkin, milk, and cinnamon, cook for 5 min. Blend soup until smooth. Serve warm.

(This is Josh's cousin, Amy, I was seeing if any cousins had blogs, and came across yours. I hope you don't mind me blog stalking you.:) This is a great recipe that I have made for a few years).

Sarah said...

I've got the best pumpkin soup recipe! Nothing I've had compares. I'll email it to you. You still never gave me your address missy!