remember this picture that i fell in love with...seriously obsessed about and wondered what can i do to recreate this room on a budget? well i have been trying for a while and still there is so much i would like to do but wanted to share my progress...these flowers are just felt cut out in circles overlapped with some hot glue in between and then a button for the middle of the flowers.
flower rosettes are crazy all over the crafting world and i found a tutorial on how to do it at madebythemamamonster.blogspot.com
these i picked up at michaels for $2 and painted them white and tied them with twine to attach to the kids toy box. anything to make the toy box look a little cuter right?! the 4 because brody is 4 and the 2 because brooke is 2...just in case you didnt put the two together.
this was my main project. i hunted and searched at thrift stores, clearance shelves, etc. for inexpensive frames. i then found pictures i wanted online to resemble kind of the ones in the picture and then just free handed it, painted them black on a creamy card stock and that was it. the tricky part was drawing it by far. i am no artist. thank goodness most of them were pretty easy....and they are supposed to look sloppy right?!
some decorative pillow for the kids beds would be nice, new sheets for brody to get rid of the red. they will be a more of a brown cream color.
and finally just have to showcase my babies in some picture taken a year and a half ago. eventually i would like to redo the bookcase in a fun color and also buy and old chair and add it to the room for more fun. for now though i need to take a break from their room and focus on the upcoming holidays. i LOVE fall!!!
2 comments:
Super cute! Don't make drapes buy them!!! I just did for my dinning room. I spent more than I would if I had bought them. The lining was a pain and way too much work for something that you can find in every color and design! Seriously I don't think I will EVER make drapes again!!!
Their room looks great! I love your frames, they look exactly like the inspiration picture. And I love your white pumpkin. I wanted to get one this year, but the ones I like are kind of pricey, so I'll have to check out Michaels and paint my own, too.
Post a Comment