I don't think any boys childhood is complete without building a pine wood derby car. Brody and I had a great time, and with a few special modifications that I had learned over the years in scouts, and from my father, Brody did great and won the whole thing.
So Brody is really big into Transformers, and insisted that the car look just like bumble bee, so we did our best (yellow with pin stripes). During the race Brody was having too much fun putting his car on the track, and going to the end to catch it, that he was not paying any attention to the fact that his car was winning every race, and at the end when they called up the winners to hand out the awards, Brody was completely surprised when they called him up to the front, and afterwards he asked "dad did I win something?" I told him that he won the whole thing. He was very excited at that point, and of course the first thing he wanted to do was go home, and call his uncle Tyler to tell him the good news.
No comments:
Post a Comment