Friday

Kicking Myself

Well two days ago I had one of those days where I was in a hurry, rushing out the door, and low and behold I locked the front door and shut it. Immediately I knew...I said to myself, "Oh NO!" I had forgot to grab the keys on the way out. I locked Brody and Brooklyn and me outside of the house. And of course the house key is with the car keys as well. So it was about 40 degrees outside and windy, I called Josh first thing and he didn't answer. So I said a quick prayer and I thought the only other person to call would be the rental company. I called them and told them my situation. They said that they would call me right back and let me know if someone was even in our area to come and let me in the house. Thankfully there was an old man that came to our rescue. We ended up having to be outside in the cold for only twenty minutes. And luckily I did have the kids' hats and mittens. Now here is the part of the story where I wanted to kick myself. My mom had told me when she came for Brooklyn's birth that I needed to make a copy of the house key and hide it. I said okay mom. She told me that she didn't want me to have to go through what she went through countless times of leaving the keys in the house or the car. Well of course I listened but didn't actually do what my mother told me to do. I called her right after the sweet old man let us back in the house and told her what happened. She said, "Cami, I am your mother, you need to listen to me." MOM--I hear you now! I will get a key made this week so that never happens again. I am just grateful that we were not outside for a longer period of time and that I had food, warm clothes for the kids, and toys to occupy them until we were rescued.

4 comments:

Clore said...

I sure need to do that. I have locked us out many times. One time I let Justin play with my keys while I buckled him in his car seat. He accidentally pushed the lock button as I closed the door. Ben was about an hour away and it was really hot outside. I said a prayer and Justin pushed the unlock button.

Tiffany said...

oh I feel for you. Did you hear my story about taking Kaden to the car wash shortly after moving. I was out washing the car and he must have locked himself in. He was sweating because it was so hot out. He had my purse and cell phone in the car, I couldn't really leave him to go get help. It was a nightmare a worker finally came to check on the carwash he helped me in which I was grateful for because Kaden was dripping wet, however he bent the chrome around my honda window trying to get it. Oh well Kaden was okay and that's all that matters!

Anonymous said...

Been there done that. That is a good idea to have a hide a key. I don't have one either, I think that I will have to do that. I'm glad everything turned out ok for you.

Clore said...

Hey just wanted to answer your question about the fire station. It is free. Ben and I just stopped by and asked if we could see the fire truck. If you go, make sure you get a little hat and sticker for Brody.