Monday

--swim hole--

a couple weeks ago there was an article in the paper about all these fun swimming holes and hikes to go on in arizona. well we havent had a chance to go till this last weekend. the temp was 109 so it was time for us to get out of it and head up to payson. we were so excited to go and the pictures we had looked at of this swimming hole were gorgeous. we brought breakfast in the car and drove 90 minutes to get there. brookie slept and brody said it was too long! once there it was about a half mile hike in. there were a lot of people already there and jumping off the cliffs into the water below. the hike was hot and so we were ready to get into that water only to find out once you touched it you would go into shock and get hypothermia!!! it was SOOOO COLD! I swam off the oregon coast. I grew up doing that but let me tell you this has to be the coldest water I have ever been in. Needless to say I was a wimp and so were the kids so our "oh so fun swim hole" ended up being a "oh so fun hike hole." it was beautiful though. after awhile of the sun we headed back to the car and drove to some ancient ruins for some touring and lunch. it was fun to be together as a family but i have to say i was bummed about not getting to swim. on the drive home the kids slept while josh and i talked. i love my hubby so much. he is such an amazing man. i love spending time with him and just having him talk my ear off. once home we jumped into the pool here and cooled off some more. the kids had a great day despite our hiccup.


















4 comments:

Sarah said...

Hi Cami! I love your blog :) I can't believe you've had a little girl since I last saw you. Brooklyn is adorable.

Also- I noticed the bagel and cream cheese in your pictures. That is my favorite snack for car trips too :)

Anyways, I'm glad to you guys doing well. You have such a cute family. Feel free to check out our blog at www.richardandsarahburton.blogspot.com.

Sarah said...

You're looking great mama, and little little looks more like you every day. So fun! Miss ya...

Tiffany said...

looks like so much fun!

Sarah said...

We did our own CD's. I guess I don't know how it would screw up your hard drive. Don't know enough about computers but mine was fine for a few years after that soo...anyway, we made about 100 I think even though we planned for closer to 200. People made a lot of comments, they loved it. People always tell us they still listen to it. Good luck!