
the peaceful place we live

old cape
henry lighthouse

new cape
henry lighthouse

my mom with one happy girl and one grumpy boy

isn't she beautiful! people kept commenting on how young she looked while she was visiting. they couldn't believe that i was her daughter.

my mom came to visit us last week. she got here the day before
brody's birthday party and left last
tuesday. it was so fun to have her come see us. no it was more than fun it was WONDERFUL!!! i haven't seen my mom since spring break of this year in march, and to be honest i was doing quite well. i told my mom that its like shopping....if i
don't go to the mall i
don't know what i am missing....if i
don't get to see my mom i
don't know what i am missing....but once i saw her, it made it all the harder to let her go back home. while she was here i took her to the
botanical gardens, the old cape
henry lighthouse, she helped me handle the three boys at
brody's birthday party (
couldn't have done it without her help!), she treated josh and i to dinner out and we were able to take aunt
patti and uncle john out to dinner as well, she endured a spin class at the gym with me which i
don't think she will ever left me forget...we had a lot of fun together. i loved showing her the things i love about living here....we
didn't get to see half the things i wanted her to see, but we had fun. i cried pretty hard when she left.
brody and
brookie kept asking me all day what was wrong. my mom is one of my best friends...i just love her so much. i am a better mother and wife because of her. she teaches me and guides me through out my life. i still miss you mom. thanks so much for coming. dad thanks for letting her come. i love you both!
1 comment:
So your mom and my dad are cousins. Karl McQuivey is my grandpa and Kenny, what everyone calls him, is my dad. A while ago, when I had more time one my hands and was a blog stalker, I came across your blog! There have been times I have wanted to comment but thought it was weird since you don't know me! Anyways I thought I would let you know that I read your blog and I enjoy it. You have such a cute family! I know how you feel with living so far from family. I love when family comes to visit! It always goes way to fast and it's sad to see them leave. Well I hope you don't mind me checking out your blog every once in a while!
Jodi
Post a Comment