the day after thanksgiving we headed to my parents beach house for the weekend. we shopped, watched movies, were extremely lazy, played wii dance (with some crazy competition....taylor beat us all!), went for walks and watched a beautiful sunset. my parents stayed for just a night, and my sister and her family stayed for another day. Josh, the kids and I stayed a couple more days and enjoyed some family time. We played mexican train with the kids. Brooklyn and I went on a long walk together. While we were on the walk we were coming up a hill and there were a bunch of birds in the sky and she got so excited and said "Mommy look!" I then went on to talk to her about all the wonderful things our Heavenly Father has made (the flowers, the animals, our bodies, etc.) and she was really quiet for a couple minutes and then she said in her cute voice, "I wish I could thank Him" I said, "Brookie you can! Every time we say a prayer you can thank Heavenly Father for all the birds and all the flowers." She is too cute! I will always remember that. We ate lunch at a yummy place together as a family and had caramel apples and candy for the ride home. I love going to the beach house. It is such a relaxing place where we can all just get away from everyday life. Thank you mom and dad for letting us stay a few extra days! We loved every minute of it!
Wednesday
a trip to the beach house post thanksgiving
the day after thanksgiving we headed to my parents beach house for the weekend. we shopped, watched movies, were extremely lazy, played wii dance (with some crazy competition....taylor beat us all!), went for walks and watched a beautiful sunset. my parents stayed for just a night, and my sister and her family stayed for another day. Josh, the kids and I stayed a couple more days and enjoyed some family time. We played mexican train with the kids. Brooklyn and I went on a long walk together. While we were on the walk we were coming up a hill and there were a bunch of birds in the sky and she got so excited and said "Mommy look!" I then went on to talk to her about all the wonderful things our Heavenly Father has made (the flowers, the animals, our bodies, etc.) and she was really quiet for a couple minutes and then she said in her cute voice, "I wish I could thank Him" I said, "Brookie you can! Every time we say a prayer you can thank Heavenly Father for all the birds and all the flowers." She is too cute! I will always remember that. We ate lunch at a yummy place together as a family and had caramel apples and candy for the ride home. I love going to the beach house. It is such a relaxing place where we can all just get away from everyday life. Thank you mom and dad for letting us stay a few extra days! We loved every minute of it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment