My sister tagged me and after discussing with Josh the quirky things I do it was much easier to think of the things that he does (i.e. He cannot stand to wear his socks on the wrong feet). Anyways after much speculation and contemplation I have reluctantly come up with six quirky things that I do. So here goes:
#1. I like my sister-in-law Tiffany, have to have my clothes in my closet color coordinated. When Josh and I got married I made him color coordinate his clothes as well. Why not since I am the one that does most of the laundry and has to put it away. Although, he probably wouldn't admit that he likes it in all secrecy I think he does.
#2. This comes from being raised by my mother. I have to be the one to wipe the kitchen counter, because of course, no one else does it right, right?! Even if Josh has already wiped it down, I have to go behind him and do it my way or I don't think its clean enough. I know stupid but its true. It actually was a cause for contention for awhile but I have learned to loosen up a bit and he has learned that his wife is just silly.
#3. I am obsessed with my toes when I am pregnant. Maybe because the two times I have been pregnant it has been summer or maybe because it is the only thing on me that doesn't get fat so I have to make something look cute. I probably paint my toe nails once a week when I am pregnant. When I am not pregnant I usually go months before changing the color. Weird.
#4. The pillows on my couch have to be straightened perfectly every time I or someone else gets up. I am sure it has made guests that visit our home feel uncomfortable after they stand up and I am right there straightening their pillow. Sorry if this has happened to you. But this also comes from being raised in my mothers home where she taught us to keep things clean and I took that to the extreme with my obsessive compulsive personality. Every night when I go to bed too the pillow have to be perfect on the couch or I feel out of sorts in the morning. For awhile there we had 12 pillows on our couch. Josh couldn't stand it so I brought it down to 8. What can I say I love pillows. What girl doesn't?!
#5. This probably bugs Josh more than anything else I do and the bad thing about it is that I have passed it onto Brody, but I don't think he is as bad as me. I have to sleep with my blanket over my head all night long. That's right I sleep with a blanket every night. It was my baby blanket that I would use until about eight months after we got married and Josh protested it. He bought me a new one and that is what I use now. I cannot sleep if there is light and I block it out by covering my head. I also read a study somewhere that people that do this are afraid of the world and are blocking it out. I don't know if that is true but my blanket helps me sleep. Sorry Josh that you have a silly wife.
#6. On a stressful day or just any ol day, to relax I put on the same chic flick and watch it over and over again. I actually am not really watching it as I am listening to it. The music and story calms my nerves. There are two that I have watched probably 100 times or more--"The Holiday" and "Serendipity". I love these movies and I will never get sick of them.
I am sure there are more that my siblings and friends could think of for me. I know I do silly things but I guess its just who I am. Okay now that that is over I tag:
Amanda Robbins, Sarah Neilson, Tiffeny Wait, Laura Farnsworth, Ashley Christensen, Jenni Sclater
Rules:
1.Link to the person who tagged you
2.Mention the rules on your blog
3.Tell 6 unspectacular quirks about you
4.Tag 6 following bloggers by linking to them
5.Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting them know they've been tagged.
3 comments:
haha, that sounds like you. the blanket was something i didn't know though! :) oh and I looove serendipity. i have to say i'm not a huge chick flick person but i really enjoy that one, the notebook, and you've got mail. those ones i own. anyway...fun. i'll do it soon.
I remember the blanket thing from freshman year. And I remember that I liked the room cold at night, and you did not, sorry about that by the way. And I remember Serendipity too, I made a CD from yours, and it is actually in my CD player in my room right now! Hope that you are having a great one, and that Brody is getting better and back to being the sweet boy. Love ya:)
Hey Cami,
It was fun to read about all your quirks! You're not too silly - we all have little quirks! I liked your post about Anita Stansfield. I too am a devoted reader and love her books! I might just go dig mine out now!!
Post a Comment